RFE/RL's Armenian Service has been a consistent and dependable provider of independent information in Armenia for over 50 years. Today, it is a trusted source of information and regularly cited and reprinted by local media.
Five security personnel were killed in an apparent shootout between ethnic Armenian police in Nagorno-Karabakh and Azerbaijani soldiers in the breakaway region, authorities on both sides said.
At an international school in Armenia, students from Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus share their views on the war, a year after Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine. While the students' hopes for peace have not been met, they continue to discuss possible solutions to the conflict.
Billionaire Ruben Vardanian, a former Russian citizen of Armenian descent, has been removed from the post of prime minister in the de facto government of the breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh less than four months after he was appointed.
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken will hold a trilateral meeting with the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Munich on February 18, the U.S. State Department said.
Armenia has proposed creating a demilitarized zone around Nagorno-Karabakh with international guarantees as part of its latest peace plan on the breakaway region, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinian has announced.
Armenia's top diplomat traveled to Turkey in a rare visit for talks with Turkish officials.
Armenia has sent humanitarian aid to earthquake-stricken Turkey across the long-closed border separating the two historic enemies, the government in Yerevan said.
Zaruhi Zakarian sews patterns into cloth, showing branching trees made of colorful threads. The images, along with collages and paintings, suggest hope, she says, that her missing son Robert will return. He is one of some 200 Armenian soldiers missing in action since the 2020 war with Azerbaijan.
An Armenian military officer has been arrested over a deadly fire last week that killed 15 soldiers and critically injured three others in the South Caucasus country.
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken has urged Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev to reopen Nagorno-Karabakh's land link with Armenia, warning that a blockade of the corridor could undermine peace efforts between the two countries.
Fifteen soldiers were killed and three more were critically injured in a major fire that broke out at a military barracks in Armenia, the Defense Ministry said.
Authorities in Armenian-populated Nagorno-Karabakh have accused Azerbaijan of again cutting off natural gas supplies to the breakaway region one month after blocking the region’s land link with Armenia.
Some 270 Armenian children have been cut off from their parents in the breakaway Azerbaijani region of Nagorno-Karabakh after Azerbaijan blocked the only road linking Armenia to the landlocked enclave.
Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinian says the country will not host drills this year for the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) given current security concerns and questions about support from the Russian-led alliance.
The U.S. Embassy in Yerevan has added its voice to calls for the immediate reopening of Nagorno-Karabakh’s land link with Armenia, which has been blocked by Azerbaijan for the past month.
A ban on direct air cargo transportation between Turkey and Armenia has been lifted, the Armenian Foreign Ministry said on January 6.
Thousands of people rallied in Stepanakert on December 25 to demand that Azerbaijan unblock the sole road connecting Nagorno-Karabakh to Armenia.
Armenian Foreign Minister Ararat Mirzoyan has dismissed criticism from Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov over canceled talks with Azerbaijan, insisting that the Russian side was duly informed about his request for the “postponement” of a trilateral meeting of foreign ministers earlier this week.
Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinian has warned that the humanitarian situation in the breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh has become precarious as groups of protesters continue to block the Lachin Corridor.
Azerbaijan has restored natural gas supplies to Nagorno-Karabakh while continuing to block the sole road connecting the territory to Armenia, the de facto authorities in Stepanakert said on December 16.
Load more