RFE/RL's Armenian Service has been a consistent and dependable provider of independent information in Armenia for over 50 years. Today, it is a trusted source of information and regularly cited and reprinted by local media.
Firefighters and rescue crews found a seventh body and were using special cameras to search for survivors on August 15 as they continued to battle a blaze at a large market in Yerevan a day after an explosion triggered the fire.
At least one person is reported dead and some 20 injured after a strong explosion hit a fireworks storage area at a large market in Armenia's capital on August 14, triggering a blaze.
Washington is closely following the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh and urges immediate steps to reduce tensions and avoid further escalation, the U.S. mission to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) said on August 9.
Citing increased drug trafficking and other illegal cross-border activities, Russian border guards controlling Armenia’s frontier with Iran have set up checkpoints along several roads in the country’s southern Syunik Province.
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu has called on Armenia to "refrain from new provocations" several days after Yerevan and Baku traded accusations over an escalation of violence in Nagorno-Karabakh that left at least three people dead.
An Armenian pro-government lawmaker has denied any major differences between Yerevan and Moscow over the role of Russian peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh following deadly clashes in the disputed region last week.
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken spoke to the leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan on August 5 to call for dialogue in the conflict over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region.
De facto ethnic Armenian military authorities in Nagorno-Karabakh say the situation in the breakaway region has stabilized after a flare-up in violence with Azerbaijani forces that left three soldiers dead and prompted Baku to take control of several strategic heights in the disputed region.
Ethnic Armenians and Azerbaijan have accused each other of violating a cease-fire in the breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh, with both sides claiming casualties.
Nagorno-Karabakh's military on August 1 accused Azerbaijani forces of launching attacks on its positions in the territory’s north and northwest.
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken has offered U.S. assistance in building ties between Armenia and Azerbaijan.
The head of Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) met with Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinian in Yerevan on July 18, three days after CIA Director William Burns made an unexpected visit to Armenia.
The foreign ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan held their first bilateral talks since the 2020 war over the status of the disputed region of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinian on July 15 received U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director William Burns, Pashinian’s press office said.
President Vahagn Khachaturian appointed a new chief of the Armenian Army's General Staff, filling a position that has been vacant for nearly five months after a handful of dismissals spearheaded by the prime minister.
Thirty years after being displaced amid conflict from their native village, some Azerbaijanis still dream of returning. Under a cease-fire deal that ended the Armenia-Azerbaijani war in and around Nagorno-Karabakh in 2020, Armenia is due to hand control of the village to Azerbaijan.
A plan to build a giant Jesus Christ statue, twice the height of Rio's iconic Christ the Redeemer, has run into trouble. Tycoon Gagik Tsarukian declared that "God's hand" was behind the project, but construction was suspended when it emerged it would obliterate the remains of a Bronze Age fortress.
The leaders of Armenia and Turkey have pledged during a phone call to build on a recently established process aimed at normalizing travel, trade, and diplomatic relations between their two countries.
Ethnic Armenians face the prospect of their villages returning to Azerbaijani control after 30 years of Armenian occupation due to a new road being built connecting Armenia with Armenian-controlled areas in the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh region.
Armenia's Defense Ministry has said one of its troops was killed on the border with Azerbaijan overnight on June 18-19 but did not provide details.
Load more